Use the Define Applicability Rules page in the System Center Updates Publisher Create Update Wizard or Modify Update Wizard to configure the rules that verify that the software update is applicable to the computer. Applicability rules typically check for the existence of a file, file version less than the configured version, registry key, and so on.
|Software updates created without applicability rules and published to the update source will never be applicable to clients and therefore never installed. You should always create software updates with at least one applicability rule.|
This page contains the following UI elements:
- Expression Builder
- Specifies the applicability rules for the software update definition. For more information about creating rules, see How to Create Rules in Updates Publisher
- XML View
- Provides an Extensible Markup Language (XML) read-only view of the defined prerequisite rules.
- Displays the previous page of the wizard.
- Displays the next page of the wizard.
- Displays the Summary page of the wizard.
- Discards the settings and exits the wizard.
TasksHow to Create a Software Update Definition
How to Create Rules in Updates Publisher
How to Modify a Software Update Definition
How to Use the Expression Builder
ConceptsAbout the Create Update Wizard and Modify Update Wizard
Other ResourcesCreate/Modify Update Wizard
Managing Software Updates
Updates Publisher Wizards