Software updates definitions are created in the System Center Updates Publisher Create Update Wizard and modified in the Modify Update Wizard. While both wizards consist of the same pages and configuration settings, the Modify Update Wizard opens with populated settings from the previously created software update definition.
The following sections provide information about each wizard page.
In This Section
- Update Information Page
- Specifies general information about the software update.
- Extended Properties Page
- Specifies extended property information about the software update.
- Define Prerequisite Rules Page
- Specifies high-level prerequisite rules for the software update.
- Select Package Page
- Specifies the software update location, software update installation type, success codes for the update, and command-line settings.
- Define Applicability Rules Page
- Specifies the rules that verify that the software update is applicable to the computer.
- Define Installed Rules Page
- Specifies the rules that verify whether the software update is already installed on the computer.
- Summary Page
- Provides a summary of the properties configured in the wizard.
- Progress Page
- Displays the current task and progress for creating the software update definition.
- Confirmation Page
- Displays a summary of the properties associated with the software update definition.