Use the Define Installed Rules page in the System Center Updates Publisher Create Update Wizard or Modify Update Wizard to configure the rules that verify whether the software update is already installed on the computer. Even though the installed rules are optional in the wizard, at least one rule must be created to publish the software update to an update server.
This page contains the following UI elements:
- Expression Builder
- Specifies the installed rules for the software update definition. For more information about creating rules, see How to Create Rules in Updates Publisher
- XML View
- Provides an Extensible Markup Language (XML) read-only view of the defined prerequisite rules.
- Displays the previous page of the wizard.
- Displays the next page of the wizard.
- Displays the Summary page of the wizard.
- Discards the settings and exits the wizard.
TasksHow to Create a Software Update Definition
How to Create Rules in Updates Publisher
How to Modify a Software Update Definition
How to Use the Expression Builder
ConceptsAbout the Create Update Wizard and Modify Update Wizard
Other ResourcesCreate/Modify Update Wizard
Managing Software Updates
Updates Publisher Wizards