To find out the status of operations in Virtual Machine Manager, administrators monitor detailed job status instead of alerts. You can perform comprehensive job monitoring through Jobs view or through the Jobs window, which can be displayed from any view. Reporting is provided through System Center Operations Manager 2007.
In this section
- About Jobs
- Learn how VMM handles jobs, job groups, and multi-job processes.
- Monitoring Jobs in VMM
- In Jobs view, view a complete listing of VMM jobs that you can search, sort, filter, and group. Open a Jobs window to monitor the progress of your long-running jobs while you work in any view. Get information about the latest job for a virtual machine or host. View job status summaries for PRO tips.
- How to Restart a Job
- Restart a job in Jobs view or from the Jobs window.
- How to Cancel a Job
- Cancel a job in Jobs view or from the Jobs window.
- Setting Up Reporting in VMM
- Review the tasks involved in setting up reporting, with references to more information.
- Using Reports in VMM
- Order reports in Reporting view of the VMM Administrator Console and from the Operations Console for Operations Manager 2007.
For the most up-to-date Help information, go to the Virtual Machine Manager 2008 Help Online. To find additional Virtual Machine Manager 2008 documentation, go to the Virtual Machine Manager 2008 TechCenter Library.