Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 provides scriptable COM automation objects for managing Control Panel software distribution properties in Configuration Manager 2007.
You can perform such tasks as:
- View and run available programs. For more information, see
How to View
Available Programs on a Configuration Manager Client.
- Set the temporary folder (cache) that is used for program
downloads. For more information, see How to Configure the
Software Distribution Advertised Programs Client Agent
- View software distribution agent settings. For more
information, see How to View the Software
Distribution Advertised Programs Client Agent Settings.
The entry point is through the UIResourceMgr COM automation object.
Through this object, you can get access to the following COM automation interfaces:
- CacheElement Class
- Exposes all the properties for an item in the Software Distribution Advertised Programs Client Agent cache.
- CacheElements Class
- Contains a collection of CacheElement objects.
- CacheInfo Class
- Allows the interaction and configuration of the Software Distribution Advertised Programs Agent cache.
- ClientAgentSettings Class
- Allows you to retrieve client agent settings.
- DownloadStatus Class
- Allows the ability to view and cancel current user downloads and get the current state of a download of an optional program.
- Program Class
- Exposes all the properties for an available program.
- Programs Class
- Contains a collection of Program objects.
- SWDistClientSettings Class
- Exposes the client software distribution settings.
- ITSProgram Interface
- Allows you to get software packages and programs for a task sequence.
Other ResourcesSoftware Distribution Client Control Panel Automation
Send comments about this topic to Microsoft.