The Operations Manager class libraries allow you to programmatically automate administration tasks. This section provides examples of how to use the Operations Manager 2007 SDK to perform common administrative tasks.
|For information about using the Operations Manager Command Shell to automate Operations Manager, see the Operations Manager 2007 Online Help.|
In This Section
- How to Connect an Operations Manager SDK Client to the SDK Service
- Demonstrates how to connect to the SDK Service from a custom SDK client application.
- How to Configure Management Group Properties
- Demonstrates how to configure global settings that affect all servers in the Management Group.
- How to Install, Remove, or Repair an Agent
- Demonstrates how to deploy, remove, or repair a System Center Operations Manager 2007 agent.
- How to Approve Manual Agent Installations
- Demonstrates how to approve pending manual agent installations.
- How to Insert Custom Event and Performance Data
- Demonstrates how to generate and insert events and performance data.
- How to Display Operations Manager Data
- Demonstrates how to display information about events and alerts.
- How to Resolve Alerts
- Demonstrates how to update the properties of Operations Manager alerts.
- How to Configure Maintenance Mode for Monitoring Objects
- Demonstrates how to manage maintenance mode settings.
- How to Display Information about a Monitoring Object
- Demonstrates how to gather information from a Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.MonitoringObject object.
- How to Display Management Pack Contents
- Demonstrates how to display information about a Management Pack, including the monitoring classes, rules, tasks, and views included in the pack's contents.
- How to Run a Management Pack Task
- Demonstrates how to run tasks that are defined in a Management Pack.
- How to Create State Views, Diagram Views, and View Folders
- Demonstrates how to create a specific type of view and a view folder.
- How to Delete Views and Folders
- Demonstrates how to delete views and folders from a Management Pack that is not sealed.
- How to Create a Group
- Demonstrates how to create a group for a collection of objects. The group is added to a Management Pack.
- How to Delete a Group
- Demonstrates how to delete a group for a collection of objects.
- How to Create a Knowledge Article
- Demonstrates how to create a knowledge article for a Management Pack, or an element in a Management Pack.
- How to Automate the Setup of URL Monitoring
- Demonstrates how to automate the setup URL monitoring to use one more agent computers to monitor a web site or web-based application.
- How to Create an Override
- Demonstrates how to create an override that is used to adjust default settings that are defined in a Management Pack.
- How to Get Information About an Override
- Demonstrates how to display information about all the overrides for rules, monitors, discoveries, recoveries, and diagnostics.
- How to Create a Unit Monitor
- Demonstrates how to create a unit monitor that monitors the state of a service.
Send comments about this topic to Microsoft.