|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Add a Test for Installed Software to Task Sequence Step Conditions
You can evaluate installed software based on the product information provided in the Microsoft Installer (MSI) file. You can use this information to match a specific product using both the product code and the upgrade code, or you can use it to match any version of this product using only the upgrade code.
To add an Installed Software condition to a task sequence step
1. On the step Option tab (where step is the name of the task sequence step to configure), click Add, and then click Installed Software.
2. In the Installed Software dialog box, in the MSI file box, browse to the specific MSI file associated with the installed software. The product information will be extracted from the MSI file and populate the respective boxes.
3. In the Installed Software dialog box, select one of the two following conditions:
· Match this specific product (Product Code and Upgrade Code)
· Match any version of this product (Upgrade Code only)
4. In the Installed Software dialog box, click OK.