This section provides information about how to use the Device Manager 2011 Setup Wizard to install Device Manager 2011 on a single computer and in a variety of Configuration Manager topologies.
With Device Manager 2011, you can install:
- All server components on a computer.
- Only the Device Manager 2011 Server Core Components component
on a computer in a Configuration Manager topology.
Important: You must install Server Core Components only on the computer that has the Configuration Manager provider role installed. Server Core Components requires Configuration Manager WMI SDK, which is available only on computers that have the Configuration Manager provider role. Installing Device Manager 2011 server on a central site server or a secondary site server is not supported.
- Only the Configuration Manager Console Add-in component on a
computer in a Configuration Manager topology.
- Device Imaging service component on a computer with the server
core components installed.
- Installing All Server Components
Information about how to install all server components on a site server.
- Installing Server Core Components
Information about how to install only Server Core Components.
- Installing Only Configuration Manager Console Add-in
Information about how to install only Configuration Manager Console Add-in.
- Installing Device Imaging Service
Information about how to install Device Imaging service.