Follow these steps to install software prerequisites on machines where you want to install Windows Azure Pack to ensure correct registration of the Microsoft .NET Framework assemblies.
2. Disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration (ESC) for Administrators by using Server Manager.
3. Install Microsoft Web Platform Installer 4.6 - Web Platform Installer.
4. In Windows Server 2012, install the following software through Web Platform Installer, in this order:
a. Internet Information Services (IIS) recommended configuration
b. Enable Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1 in Server Manager.
c. .NET Framework 4.5 Extended, with ASP.NET for Windows 8
5. In Windows Server 2012 R2, install the following software through Web Platform Installer, in this order:
a. Enable Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1 in Server Manager.
b. .NET 4.5 Extended, with ASP.NET for Windows 8
c. IIS recommended configuration
6. Install all available Windows and .NET Framework updates. Use Microsoft Update to ensure that you have all available updates installed.