The Service Management Automation service endpoint enables you to automate IT administration and business processes by using Windows PowerShell workflow-based runbooks in Windows Azure Pack for Windows Server.
Use the following information to install and configure the Automation web service in Windows Azure Pack. The Service Management Automation PowerShell module is a required prerequisite of the Service Management Automation web service, so you must install the Service Management Automation PowerShell module before you deploy the Service Management Automation web service.
You can also install the Service Management Automation components by using an unattended installation. For more information, see Installing Service Management Automation from a Command Prompt.
The Service Management Automation web service endpoint provides the connection between Service Management Automation and Windows Azure Pack. The Service Management Automation web service can be installed from the System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator installation software.
Install the web service on any machine that can communicate with Windows Azure Pack and an instance of SQL Server.
To install the Service Automation web service
1. In the folder where you downloaded the System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator installation software, click Setup to start the Setup wizard.
2. Under Service Management, click Web Service, and then click Install.
3. Complete the product registration information, and then click Next.
4. Review and accept the license terms, and then click Next.
5. Select Service Management Automation Web Service, and then click Next.
This will launch the prerequisite check.
6. Review the results of the check. If all items are installed, click Next.
If you see an X next to any of the prerequisite software, you must install the item, and then run the prerequisite check again. You cannot complete installation of the service endpoint until you pass the prerequisite check.
7. Provide the following information for the database the endpoint to use, and then click Next.
8. Provide the following information to configure the Internet Information Settings (IIS) for the web service, and then click Next.
9. Enter the port number for the web service to use. By default, this is 9090.
10. Choose the security certificate to use to encrypt communication between Windows Azure Pack and the Service Management Automation web service endpoint.
You can have the installer generate a self-signed certificate to use, or you can select an existing certificate in your local certificate store.
11. Review the location for the web service files. You can accept the default or specify a different location. Click Next.
12. Indicate whether you want to participate in the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) and whether you want to use Microsoft Update to keep your software up-to-date. Click Next.
13. Review the installation summary, and then click Install.
After the installation is complete, install a runbook worker as described in How to install the Service Management Automation runbook worker.