The following procedure describes how to customize the setting values in an answer file. When a component or package is added to an answer file, the setting values may be customized in the Properties pane in Windows® System Image Manager (Windows SIM). To revert changes to the setting value in an answer file you can use the Revert Change option.
To customize the setting value in an answer file
- Open Windows SIM.
- Open a Windows image. For more information, see Open a Windows Image or
- Open or create an answer file. For more information, see
Open an Answer
File or Create a New Answer
- In the Answer File pane, find the configuration pass
that contains the component for the setting to edit.
- Select the component or package that contains the setting to
The component or package information appears in the Properties pane.
- In the Settings section of the Properties pane,
change the value of the setting to update it. Depending on the type
of setting, you can enter a new setting or choose from a drop-down
list of possible settings.
For more information about the different settings and properties, see Understanding Settings and Properties.
When the value of a setting is edited, the new value is displayed in bold. To revert a setting to its original value, on the Edit menu, select Revert Change.