Use the Export Wizard in System Center Updates Publisher to export the selected software updates to a cabinet (CAB) file or to export all software updates with the publish flag set to a CAB file.
|System Center Updates Publisher 4.0 added support for updates that have dependencies, such as drivers and bundles. During the export process for these updates, the update and its dependencies are exported. Updates with dependencies that are not in the local Updates Publisher database can be exported, but a warning message might display before the export process completes. Updates with dependencies cannot be exported for testing.|
The wizard contains the following pages.
In This Section
- Specify Export Type Page
- Specifies whether to export software updates to a CAB file. Updates Publisher 3.0 and Updates Publisher 4.0 also provide an option to create a test catalog XML file.
- Specify Export Path Page
- Specifies the export location for where Updates Publisher creates the software updates catalog.
- Specify Export for Test Path Page
- Specifies the folder in which Updates Publisher creates the software updates test catalog and copies the scan tool, schema files, and a script with the appropriate command-line parameters.
- Summary Page
- Provides a summary of the properties configured in the wizard.
- Progress Page
- Displays the current task and progress for exporting the software updates to a catalog.
- Confirmation Page
- Displays a summary of the properties associated with the exported software updates.