Use the Define Prerequisite Rules page in the System Center Updates Publisher Create Update Wizard or the Modify Update Wizard to configure the higher-level prerequisite rules for the software update definition. Prerequisite rules typically check for operating system version, processor architecture, language, and so on.
This page contains the following UI elements:
- Expression Builder
- Specifies the prerequisite rules for the software update definition. For more information about creating rules, see How to Create Rules in Updates Publisher.
- XML View
- Provides an Extensible Markup Language (XML) read-only view of the defined prerequisite rules.
- Displays the previous page of the wizard.
- Displays the next page of the wizard.
- Displays the Summary page of the wizard.
- Discards the settings and exits the wizard.
TasksHow to Create a Software Update Definition
How to Create Rules in Updates Publisher
How to Modify a Software Update Definition
How to Use the Expression Builder
ConceptsAbout the Create Update Wizard and Modify Update Wizard
Other ResourcesCreate/Modify Update Wizard
Managing Software Updates
Updates Publisher Wizards