The Proxy Server dialog box in System Center Updates Publisher allows you to configure proxy server settings used when importing catalogs and when publishing software updates. The dialog box opens only when Updates Publisher is unable to retrieve a catalog or software update in one of following scenarios:
- During the import of a single catalog or all
catalogs in the import list, one or more catalogs cannot be
- The Find action cannot retrieve the discovery
list of catalogs registered with Microsoft.
- The source file for a software update cannot
be retrieved during the publish process.
When there is a proxy server that requires specific credentials to access the Internet, specify the proxy server details. When the proxy server does not require specific credentials or when the proxy server details are entered and this dialog box reopens, click Cancel and then verify that the catalogs or software update files are available at the specified locations.
This tab contains the following elements.
- Proxy server
- Specifies the name of the proxy server to use for Internet
access. Specify a fully qualified domain name, a short name, or an
IP address.If you are using an IP address, both IPv4 and IPv6
formats are supported.Examples:
- Port number
- Specifies the port to use to connect to the proxy server for
Internet access, with a number between 1 and 65535.Examples:
- User name
- Specifies the Microsoft Windows user name for authentication if
the proxy server is configured to authenticate users for Internet
Note Specifying the user name in the format of a universal principle name (UPN) is not supported.
- Specifies the password associated with the specified User name to complete authentication for Internet access.
- Confirm password
- Confirms the password associated with the specified User name. The text specified for this setting must be the same as the text specified in the Password setting.
- Saves the proxy server settings, exits the dialog box, and reattempts to retrieve the file.
- Exits the dialog box and cancels the process.