Use the Specify Export Type page in the System Center Updates Publisher Export Wizard to configure whether to export the selected software updates to a cabinet (CAB) file or to export all software updates with the publish flag set to a CAB file. In Updates Publisher 3.0 and Updates Publisher 4.0, the wizard provides an option to export the software updates to a test catalog Extensible Markup Language (XML) file for testing. The export location is specified on the next page of the wizard.
|System Center Updates Publisher 4.0 supports updates that have dependencies, such as drivers and bundles. During the export process for these updates, the update and its dependencies are exported. Updates with dependencies that are not in the local Updates Publisher database can be exported, but a warning message might display before the export process completes. Updates with dependencies cannot be exported for testing.|
This page contains the following elements:
- Export selected updates to a cabinet file that can be imported by other publishers
- Specifies that the selected software updates will be exported to a CAB file that can then be imported by other publishers.
- Export selected updates to a test catalog XML file and supporting scan files for testing
- Specifies that the software updates will be exported to a catalog XML file for testing. By using the exported test catalog, local and remote computers can be scanned for the software updates where the results can be verified prior to publishing the software updates to the update server. For more information about using the test catalog, see How to Use the Export for Test Catalog.
- Export all updates in the updates publisher database that have the publish flag set
- Specifies that all software updates in the Updates Publisher database that have the publish flag set will be exported to a CAB file that can then be imported by other publishers.
- Displays the previous page of the wizard.
- Displays the next page of the wizard.
- Discards the settings and exits the wizard.