Topic last updated—June 2008
|The information in this topic applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 R2.|
Use the Schedule tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 Client Status Reporting dialog box to specify when client status reporting will collect policy request information from management points and run client ping against client computers to assess their status. You can also configure whether client status reporting collects information for the current Configuration Manager 2007 site or the entire site hierarchy.
This tab contains the following elements:
- Collect policy request information from management points
- Specifies whether client status reporting will use client pulse to connect to the site management point to collect and process policy request log files. Click Run Now to immediately perform this action, or click Schedule to define the times at which this action will run.
- Ping inactive clients
- Specifies whether client status reporting will use client ping
to determine whether Configuration Manager 2007 clients marked as
inactive are connected to the network and to check the status of
the client and BITS services for clients that are found to be
online. Click Run Now to immediately perform this action, or
click Schedule to define the times at which this action will
Note Inactive clients are Configuration Manager 2007 clients that have not reported inventory or discovery data within the time period specified in the Options tab of the Client Status Reporting dialog box. Client status reporting only pings clients marked as inactive and will never ping clients marked as active.
- Collect policy request and client connectivity information for:
- Specifies whether client status information should be collected
from only the monitored site or the monitored site and its child
Note The monitored site is the Configuration Manager 2007 site from which client status reporting accesses the site database.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.
TasksHow to Configure Client Pulse to Collect Policy Request Information from Management Points
How to Configure Client Ping to Determine the Status of Client Computers
How to Configure Policy Request Logging on Management Points
How to Ensure Availability of Policy Request Log Files