The custom setup installation option allows you to customize all
of the setup options available depending on the type of
installation you have selected. Setup options available when
installing Configuration Manager 2007 using custom setup option
include the following:
- Installation of a primary site, secondary
site, or Configuration Manager console.
- Whether to install a primary site in mixed
mode or native mode.
- A custom Configuration Manager 2007
- The Configuration Manager 2007 client agents
to enable for the site. By default, the following client agents are
- Software inventory
- Hardware inventory
- Advertised Programs
- Software update
- Software metering
- Desired configuration management
- Remote tools
- SQL Server name to host the site database or
SQL Server named instance to host the site database for a SQL
- The location in which to install the provider
(site server, SQL Server, or other computer).
|It is not supported to install the SMS Provider on a virtual
SQL Server cluster instance.
- Whether or not to install a management point
site server role. If you choose to install a management point, you
can also enter the location for the management point site server
role installation (either local or remote).
- Ports that clients will use to communicate
with Configuration Manager 2007 site systems.
- A distribution point will automatically be
created on the site server during Configuration Manager 2007
|When a Configuration Manager 2007 site is installed using
custom settings, a default boundary is not created.