Topic last updated—January 2008
The Asset Intelligence Synchronization Point Schedule tab is used to enable or disable the Asset Intelligence synchronization point site system role and to configure synchronization schedule settings for the Asset Intelligence synchronization point to connect to System Center Online.
|The information in this topic applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 and later.|
If you do not enable automatic synchronization by using the Asset Intelligence synchronization point, you must manually synchronize with System Center Online to obtain Asset Intelligence catalog updates.
The Asset Intelligence Synchronization Point Schedule tab contains the following elements.
- Enable synchronization on a schedule
- Enables or disables scheduled Asset Intelligence catalog updates using the Asset Intelligence synchronization point site system role.
- Simple schedule
- Schedules Asset Intelligence catalog synchronization to run at a single, specific interval in days. This option is selected by default.
- Run every (days)
- When Simple schedule is selected, this option specifies the interval, in days, between automatic Asset Intelligence catalog synchronizations with System Center Online.You can specify 1 to 31 days. By default, this interval is set to 31 days.
- Custom schedule
- Schedules Asset Intelligence catalog synchronization to run
using a custom schedule.Custom synchronization schedules allow you
to schedule the first start date and time for synchronization to
occur.Custom schedules can be set to run weekly, monthly, or at a
custom interval.Custom weekly schedules can run from 1–4 weeks on
the day of the week specified.Custom monthly schedules can run from
1–12 months on either a specific day of the week from 1–31; the
last day of each month; or the first, second, third, fourth, or
last selected day of the week for each month.Custom synchronization
schedules can also be set to run on a custom interval of 1–31 days.
This option differs from the simple schedule in that you can
specify a start time to begin the synchronization process.
Note As an example, if today is Wednesday and you set the synchronization schedule to run every two weeks on Mondays, the next synchronization will occur on the next Monday and alternate Mondays after that.
- Opens the Custom Schedule dialog box to set a custom synchronization schedule.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Opens the help topic for this dialog box.