Use the Maintenance Windows tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 Collection Name Settings dialog box to specify times when Configuration Manager can apply advertisements and software update deployments to the members in this collection.
Whether an advertisement can be applied to a collection that has been configured with maintenance windows depends on whether the Maximum Allowed Run Time of the advertised program is less than the length of the maintenance window or whether the program has been specifically set to ignore maintenance window restrictions. This latter option is available only if the advertised program is mandatory (assigned).
For more information on maintenance windows and the Maximum Allowed Run Time setting, see About Maintenance Windows.
The Maintenance Windows tab contains the following elements:
- Maintenance windows
- Specifies whether maintenance windows have been configured for
this collection and what their settings are. Configured maintenance
windows are displayed in the table. Users with appropriate rights
can select or clear the check boxes accompanying each displayed
maintenance window to activate or deactivate the specific window on
Note To modify maintenance windows and activate or deactivate them, a user must have Modify Collection Settings permission.
- New icon: Click to open the New
Schedule dialog box and create a new maintenance window.
- Properties icon: Click to open the
<Maintenance Window> Schedule dialog box to view or
modify the current schedule settings.
- Delete icon: Click to delete the
selected maintenance window.
- Name: Specifies the name of the
configured maintenance window.
- Description: Specifies a description
of the maintenance window, including scheduled time and
- New icon: Click to open the New Schedule dialog box and create a new maintenance window.
- Saves the changes, and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.