Use the Variables tab in the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Resource Properties dialog box to specify custom per-computer task sequence variables and their associated values used by the resource while task sequences are being run. For more information about task sequence variables use the following link: About Task Sequence Variables
|Task sequence variables can also be assigned to collections. Task sequence variables that are assigned to a specific computer have a higher priority than variables assigned to the collection or collections where the Configuration Manager 2007 client is located.|
The Variables tab contains the following elements:
- Specifies the custom task sequence variables associated with
the resource and their associated values.The following options are
available for managing task sequence variables associated with this
- New icon: Click to open the New
Variable dialog box and create a new variable and assign a value to
it for this resource.
- Properties icon: Click to open the
<Variable Name> dialog box to modify the current value
associated with the variable.
- Delete icon: Click to delete the
variable and its associated value from this resource.
- New icon: Click to open the New Variable dialog box and create a new variable and assign a value to it for this resource.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.