Topic last updated -- November 2007
Use the General tab of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Computer Client Agent Properties dialog box to configure the network access account and policy polling interval for clients on this Configuration Manager 2007 site.
This tab contains the following elements:
- Network Access Account
- Specifies the network access account that should be used by Configuration Manager 2007 client computers to communicate with network resources.
- Opens the Windows User Account dialog box which allows you to
specify a Windows user name and password for the network access
Important The password for the network access account is limited to 38 characters or less.
- Removes the existing network access account if this has been specified.
- Policy polling interval (minutes)
- Specifies in minutes the interval that should be used by Configuration Manager 2007 clients when checking for new policy. The default value is 60 minutes.
- State message reporting cycle (minutes)
- Specifies how often in minutes the client agent sends consolidated state messages to the management point. A smaller interval allows more timely state message reporting, but increases the load on the state message system. A larger interval has less impact on performance and might reduce the number of transitory state messages displaying in reports. The default value is 15 minutes.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.