Use the Wireless Profile dialog box to specify the settings that AMT-based computers will use on a wireless network. The specified settings must match the configuration on your RADIUS server. Configuration Manager is unable to validate that these settings are correct.
|The information in this topic applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 SP2.|
- Profile name
- Specify a wireless profile name for this group of wireless settings so that they can be easily identified within Configuration Manager. Use ASCII characters only (the following characters are not supported: / \ | : " ? * < >), and do not exceed 32 characters.There is no default for this setting.
- Network name (SSID)
- Specify the name of your wireless network for these settings. The network name is also known as the service set identifier (SSID). The maximum number of characters supported is 32.There is no default for this setting.
- Security type
- Specify either WPA2-Enterprise or WPA-Enterprise, to match your wireless network configuration.The default setting is WPA2-Enterprise.
- Encryption method
- Specify either AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) or TKIP (Temporal Key Integrity Protocol), to match the encryption method used by your wireless network.The default setting is AES.
- Trusted root certificate
- Displays the trusted root certificate that is being used by the RADIUS server for its server authentication certificate.There is no default for this setting.
- Click to select the trusted root certificate by selecting it from an enterprise certification authority (CA) or from a DER encoded binary X.509 (.cer) or base-64 encoded X.509 (.cer) file that contains the exported trusted root certificate.
- Authentication method
- Select the client authentication method that is configured on the RADIUS server. The available options are EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS/MSCHAPv2 and PEAPv0/EAP-MSCHAPv2. The default is EAP-TLS.
- Use client certificate
- Click to optionally specify a client certificate if the authentication methods of EAP-TTLS/MSCHAPv2 or PEAPv0/EAP-MSCHAPv2 are selected. This option is automatically selected and cannot be canceled if the authentication method of EAP-TLS is specified.
- Client certificate template
- Displays the client certificate template to use if Use client certificate is selected.There is no default for this setting.
- Click to select a client certificate template to use for client authentication. For more information about the requirements for this certificate, see Certificate Requirements for Out of Band Management. For procedural information about how to configure the certificate template, see the section “Preparing the Client Authentication Certificates for 802.1X AMT-Based Computers” in the following example deployments:
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Opens the help topic for this dialog box.