The software updates metadata in Configuration Manager 2007 provides the information about the software update, such as name, description, products that the update supports, update classification, article ID, download URL, applicability rules, and so on. This section provides links to the tasks that help to manage the metadata, such as finding software updates in the Configuration Manager console, managing update lists that contain a set of software updates, and so on.
Click the related link for detailed information about the associated metadata task.
In This Section
- How to Find Software Updates in Configuration Manager
- Specifies where in the Configuration Manager console software update metadata can be found.
- How to Configure Search Folders for Software Updates
- Specifies how to create and configure a search folder for software updates.
- How to Create an Update List
- Specifies how to create an update list.
- How to Modify the Properties for an Update List
- Specifies how to modify the properties for an update list.
- How to Add Software Updates to an Update List
- Specifies how to add software updates to an update list.
- How to Remove Software Updates from an Update List
- Specifies how to remove software updates from an update list.
- How to Use an Update List to Deploy Software Updates
- Specifies how to use an update list to deploy software updates.
- How to Download the Latest Software Updates Catalog on SMS 2003 Clients
- Specifies how to download the Microsoft Update catalog for SMS 2003 clients.