Use the General tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 deployment name properties dialog box to specify the deployment name and description.
The General tab contains the following elements:
- Specifies the name of the deployment. The name should be unique and descriptive. By default, the name is populated with <vendor name> - <date> <time>. For example, Microsoft Updates - 10/10/2006 09:28:00 PM.
- Specifies the description for the deployment. The description should provide an overview of the deployment configuration and other relevant information that helps identify it among others in the Deployments node of the ConfigMgr Administrator console.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.