Use this tab to configure how users can access distribution points for driver packages.
You can configure the following settings:
UI Element List
- Access distribution folder through common Configuration Manager 2007 package share
- The driver package is accessed through the common Configuration Manager 2007 package share (SMSPKGx$, where x is the drive letter) on distribution points. By default, this option is selected.
- Share distribution folder
- The driver package will be created on distribution points with an administrator-specified share and path name.
- Share name
- If you select Share distribution point, enter a unique share name and path to be created for the driver package source files on distribution points. See the section Share names later in this document.
- Package update settings
- Specify the disconnect settings that will take effect when Configuration Manager 2007 updates driver packages on distribution points.
- Disconnect users from distribution points
- Select this option to notify users before disconnecting them from distribution points when Configuration Manager 2007 updates package data. By default, this check box is cleared.
- Number of retries before disconnecting users
- The number of times that Configuration Manager 2007 tries to update the driver package source files before disconnecting users who are connected to the distribution point. The default setting is 2; you can specify 0 to 99, inclusive.
- Interval between user notification and disconnection
- The number of minutes Configuration Manager 2007 should wait after notifying users before disconnecting them from distribution points. The default setting is 5 minutes; you can specify 0 to 59 minutes, inclusive.