Use the 802.1X and Wireless tab of the Out of Band Management Properties dialog box to specify settings for authenticated wired and wireless 802.1X networks that AMT-based computers will use.
|The information in this topic applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 SP2.|
- Enable 802.1X authentication for wired network access
- Select this option, and then click Set if you want to manage AMT-based computers on an authenticated wired 802.1X network. If you previously configured settings for an authenticated wired 802.1X network and no longer need to support this environment for out of band management, cancel this option.
- Click to define settings for your authenticated wired 802.1X network.
- New Icon
- Click to define a new wireless profile.
- Properties Icon
- Click to view or modify the selected wireless profile.
- Delete Icon
- Click to delete the selected wireless profiles.
- Move Item Up Icon
- Click to move the selected wireless profile up one position in the list.
- Move Item Down Icon
- Click to move the selected wireless profile down one position in the list.
- Wireless Profiles
- Lists the wireless profiles in the order in which the AMT-based computers will try each one in turn until a connection is successfully made, and the computers then continue to use this profile for the duration of the connection.
- Do not automatically add AMT-based computers to security group (more secure)
- Select this option (the default) when you want to manually add AMT-based computers to a security group that is used by the RADIUS server for authentication.
- Automatically add AMT-based computers to security group (less secure)
- Select this option if you want the convenience of automatically
adding the computer accounts of AMT-based computers that are
provisioned in-band to a specified security group. This security
group can then be used by the RADIUS server for authentication. If
you change the security group, any computer accounts that were in
the previously specified security group will not be automatically
moved into the new security group provisioned. Instead, only newly
provisioned computer accounts will be added and you must manually
add the accounts from the old group to the current group.
Note If you will provision AMT-based computers in a different domain from the site server domain, specify a universal security group so that Configuration Manager can add computer accounts from multiple domains.
- Security group for RADIUS server
- Displays the currently selected security group to use if you have specified Automatically add AMT-based computers to security group (less secure).
- Click to select the security group to use if you have specified Automatically add AMT-based computers to security group (less secure).
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.
ReferenceWireless Profile Dialog Box
ConceptsDetermine Whether You Should Configure Support for 802.1X and Wireless Networks
Out of Band Management Security Best Practices and Privacy Information
Other ResourcesOut of Band Management in Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 and Later
Out of Band Management Properties