After you install Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, you must configure the new site. You begin the site configuration process by defining site characteristics and configuring site systems at a single site. After completing basic site system configuration, you must prepare the site to manage clients and additional feature installation and configuration. After installing primary sites, there are some mandatory tasks, and others which are optional.
|Each Configuration Manager 2007 site is configured individually (child sites do not inherit the properties of their parent sites).|
In This Section
You must perform the following tasks after installing a Configuration Manager 2007 site if the site will have assigned clients:
- How to Configure Configuration Manager Boundaries
- Describes how to configure site boundaries, which are used to assign Configuration Manager clients to the site.
- How to Configure the Default Management Point for a Site
- Describes how to configure a default management point site system for a site.
- How to Configure Site Systems
- Describes how to add, modify, or delete site systems for a site.
- How to Configure Site System Roles
- Describes how to add, modify, or delete site system roles for a site.
- How to Configure Site Components
- Describes how to configure site components for a site.
Although you do not need to perform the following tasks when configuring a single site, depending on your environment, you may choose to do so.
- How to Install the Configuration Manager Console
- Describes how to install the Configuration Manager console on a remote computer, such as an administrator's workstation computer.
- How to Identify the Site Mode of a Site
- Describes how to determine the site mode a Configuration Manager site is configured to use.
- How to Configure Native Mode
- Describes how to configure a Configuration Manager site to use native mode.
- How to Revert a Configuration Manager Site to Mixed Mode
- Describes how to revert a Configuration Manager site from native mode site operations to mixed mode site operations.
- How to Configure Custom Web Sites for Configuration Manager Sites
- Describes how to configure custom Web sites for Configuration Manager client to site system communications.
- How to Configure a Configuration Manager Site to Use a Custom Web Site
- Describes how to configure Configuration Manager sites to use a custom Web site.
- How to Configure Network Load Balancing for Configuration Manager Site Systems
- Describes how to configure Network Load Balancing (NLB) for Configuration Manager site systems.
- How to Configure SQL Server Site Database Replication
- Describes how to configure SQL Server database replication for Configuration Manager sites.
- How to Migrate the Site Database to a SQL Server Cluster Instance
- Describes how to migrate the site database from a stand-alone SQL Server computer to a virtual SQL Server cluster instance.
- How to Encrypt Client to Management Point Data in Mixed Mode
- Describes how to encrypt client to management point data in mixed mode.
- How to View Configuration Manager Boundaries
- Describes how to view Configuration Manager boundaries configured for sites in the hierarchy.