Use the 802.1X Wired Network Access Control dialog box to specify the settings that AMT-based computers will use on an authenticated wired 802.1X network.
|The information in this topic applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 SP2.|
- Trusted root certificate
- Displays the trusted root certificate that is being used by the RADIUS server for its server authentication certificate.
- Click to select the trusted root certificate by selecting it from an enterprise certification authority (CA) or from a DER encoded binary X.509 (.cer) or base-64 encoded X.509 (.cer) file that contains the exported trusted root certificate.
- Authentication method
- Select the client authentication method that is configured on the RADIUS server. The available options are EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS/MSCHAPv2, and PEAPv0/EAP-MSCHAPv2. The default is EAP-TLS.
- Use client certificate
- Click to optionally specify a client certificate if the authentication methods of EAP-TTLS/MSCHAPv2 or PEAPv0/EAP-MSCHAPv2 are selected. This option is automatically selected and cannot be canceled if the authentication method of EAP-TLS is specified.
- Client certificate template
- Displays the client certificate template to use if Use client certificate is selected.
- Click to select a client certificate template to use for client authentication. For more information about the requirements for this certificate, see “Additional Certificate for Configuration Manager SP2 only” in Certificate Requirements for Out of Band Management. For procedural information about how to configure the certificate template, see “Preparing the Client Authentication Certificates for 802.1X AMT-Based Computers” in the following example deployments:
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this dialog box.