Enter information about when the task sequence will be advertised to members of the target collection. You can create assignments to make the task sequence mandatory. The following settings can be configured:
- Advertisement start time
- The date and time when the task sequence is advertised and
available to run on clients. By default the current date and time
is specified. To select another date from a calendar, click the
arrows adjacent to the date and time fields.Select UTC to
set the date and time based on Coordinated Universal Time (UTC),
which is independent of local time zones. For instance, if you
select this option and set the time to 1:00 P.M., the task sequence
will be advertised on all clients simultaneously—1:00 P.M. for
clients in the UTC time zone, 8:00 A.M. for clients in the Eastern
time zone, and 5:00 A.M. for clients in the Pacific time zone, and
Note This option is cleared by default, and Configuration Manager 2007 treats the specified time as a local time. If the time is set to 1:00 P.M., for example, the task sequence will be advertised on clients at 1:00 P.M. in each time zone.
- Mandatory assignments
- If you want to ensure that users cannot choose not to run the task sequence, define one or more mandatory assignments.Click the New button to specify a time in the Assignment Schedule dialog box when the task sequence is to run on the destination computers.Click the Edit button to modify the selected mandatory assignment in the Assignment Schedule dialog box.Click the Delete button to remove the selected mandatory assignment.
- Assignments are not mandatory over slow links
- Suspends assignments for Configuration Manager 2007 clients on a slow link. This option is available and enabled by default when at least one mandatory assignment is defined.
- Allow users to run the program independently of assignments
- Enables user to run the task sequence independently of any mandatory assignments that are created. This option is available when at least one mandatory assignment is defined.
- Advertisement will expire
- Advertises the task sequence to destination computers for a limited time only. Be default, this option is cleared.
- Specifies the advertisement's priority when it is sent to child Configuration Manager 2007 sites. The default priority is Medium.