Asset Intelligence synchronization points can be used by Microsoft Software Assurance (SA) license customers to connect to and synchronize with System Center Online, to download updated Asset Intelligence catalog information, and to upload custom software title information.
|All software titles uploaded to System Center Online for categorization will be treated as public information by Microsoft. Therefore, you should ensure that your custom software titles do not contain confidential or proprietary information.|
To use this site system as an Asset Intelligence synchronization point, you must specify an authentication certificate to use when connecting to System Center Online.
|The information in this topic applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 and later.|
The Asset Intelligence synchronization point General tab contains the following elements.
- Path to certificate
- Specifies the path to the System Center Online authentication
certificate (.pfx) file.
Important In Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 sites, it is not necessary to provide the System Center Online certificate when installing the Asset Intelligence synchronization point site system role.
- Used to specify the path to a valid authentication certificate (.pfx) file to be used to authenticate to System Center Online.
- Specifies the TCP port to be used to connect to System Center
Note The port number to be used is read only because System Center Online accepts connections only on TCP port 443.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this dialog box.