When image packages are distributed between sites, you must use senders to communicate with other sites. Use this tab to specify the optional sending priority and preferred sender for the package.
This tab contains the following elements.
- Sending priority
- Specifies the priority of this image package when sent to distribution points in child sites. Images can be sent with High, Medium, or Low priority. The default setting is Medium priority. Images are sent in priority order: High first, Medium next, and then Low. Images with identical priorities are sent in the order in which they were created in the Configuration Manager console.Sending priority for an image is carried over in those sent from a parent site to a child site.
- Preferred sender
- Specifies the sender to be used to send this image to
distribution points in other sites. You can specify any sender
configured for the site, or you can specify No Preference,
which uses any available sender. The default setting is No
Note To use Courier Sender to distribute images, you must select it as the preferred sender.
- Branch Distribution Point content settings
- Allows you to configure how images are distributed to branch distribution points.
- Branch distribution points automatically download this package when they receive the advertisement.
- Automatically downloads the image to a branch distribution point when a branch distribution point is specified manually or when running the Manage Distribution Points Wizard. This option is selected by default.
- Make this package available on protected distribution points when requested by clients inside the protected boundaries
- Makes the package available only to Configuration Manager 2007 clients inside the protected boundaries when requested.
- Manually manage content downloads to branch distribution points
- Allows you to manually manage how the image is distributed to branch distribution points.
- Allow this package to be transferred via multicast
- Enables this package to be transferred via multicast. Multicasting conserves network bandwidth by simultaneously sending data to multiple clients rather than copying and sending a copy of the data to each client over a separate connection. Operating system images can transferred using multicast only during the Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) phase of the operating system deployment.Applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 R2 or later.
- Encrypt packages when transferred via multicast
- Specifies that the package will be sent encrypted when sent via multicast. Use this option if the operating system image package contains sensitive information. If not encrypted, the contents of the package will be visible in clear text on the network and could be read by other computers connected to the network.Applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 R2 or later.
- Only transfer this package via multicast
- Specifies that this package can only be sent using multicast. If multicast is unavailable, this package will not be distributed.Applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 R2 or later.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.