Use the Distribution Settings tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 deployment package name properties dialog box to specify the sending priority and preferred sender for the deployment package when it is sent to child sites, and to specify the content settings for branch distribution points. Deployment packages are created by using the Download Updates Wizard or Deploy Software Updates Wizard.
The Distribution Settings tab contains the following elements:
- Sending priority
- Specifies the sending priority for the deployment package. The
sending priority is used for the deployment package when it is sent
to distribution points at child sites. Packages are sent in
priority order: High, Medium, or Low. Packages with identical
priorities are sent in the order in which they were created. By
default, a deployment package has a Medium sending priority.
Note Unless there is a backlog, the package processes immediately regardless of its priority.
- Preferred sender
- Specifies the sender that is used to send this deployment
package to distribution points at other sites. By default, this
setting uses the <No Preference> value, which allows
any available sender to be used. All senders that are configured
for the site can be used.
Note To use Courier Sender to distribute deployment packages, you must select it as the preferred sender.
- Branch distribution points automatically download this package when they receive the deployment
- Specifies that the content is downloaded to branch distribution
points when packages are assigned to branch distribution points. By
default, this setting is selected and the following additional
setting is available:
- Make this package available on protected
distribution points when requested by clients inside the protected
boundaries: Specifies that when a client is within the
boundaries of protected distribution points and the client requests
the package content, the package is downloaded to the protected
- Make this package available on protected distribution points when requested by clients inside the protected boundaries: Specifies that when a client is within the boundaries of protected distribution points and the client requests the package content, the package is downloaded to the protected distribution points.
- Administrator manually copies this package to branch distribution points
- Specifies that the content must be manually managed and is not automatically downloaded to the branch distribution points.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.
TasksHow to Manually Download Software Updates
ConceptsAbout Standard and Branch Distribution Points
About Software Update Deployment Packages
About Software Update Deployments
About the Download Updates Wizard
How to Manage Software Update Files
Planning for a Software Update Deployment