Backing up Configuration Manager 2007 sites can be automated by scheduling the predefined Backup ConfigMgr Site Server maintenance task. For more information about the Backup ConfigMgr Site Server maintenance task, see Backup ConfigMgr Site Server Task Overview.
When the Configuration Manager 2007 backup service (SMS_SITE_BACKUP) runs, it follows the instructions defined in the backup control file (.\Inboxes\smsbkup.box\smsbkup.ctl). You can modify the backup control file to change the behavior of the SMS_SITE_BACKUP backup service.
Site backup information is written to the smsbkup.log log file. This file is created in the backup files destination directory specified in the Backup ConfigMgr Site Server maintenance task properties when the backup task runs.
|Only site backups created using the Backup ConfigMgr Site Server maintenance task are supported for recovering sites using the Configuration Manager 2007 Site Repair Wizard. For more information about the Site Repair Wizard, see About the Site Repair Wizard.|
In This Section
- About Backing up Central Sites
- Describes unique considerations for backing up central sites.
- About Archiving the Backup Snapshot
- Describes the process of archiving the backup snapshot using the Afterbackup.bat file.
- About Windows Event Log Entries Created by the Backup Process
- Describes the Windows event log entries created during the backup process.