Use the Name and Description page of the Device Management Configuration Item Wizard to specify the name and Description of the configuration item in Configuration Manager. After the configuration item is created, it is displayed in the Administrator console in System Center Configuration Manager / Site Database / Computer Management / Mobile Device Management / Configuration Items node and available for use when creating or modifying configuration packages.
This page contains the elements described in the following table.
- Specifies the name of the configuration item for mobile devices. The name should be unique and descriptive.
- Specifies the description of the configuration item for mobile devices. The description should give an overview of the configuration item and relevant information that helps identify it among other items displayed in the Configuration Items pane of the Configuration Manager 2007 Administrator console.
- Goes to the previous page of the wizard.
- Goes to the next page of the wizard.
- Goes to the Summary page of the wizard.
- Discards the settings and exits the wizard.