Use the SNMP Devices tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 Network Discovery Properties dialog box to designate specific SNMP devices that Configuration Manager will use to discovery resources by Network Discovery. These can be routers (the site server's default gateway is automatically included) or other SNMP-capable devices such as hubs and token ring media access units.
The SNMP Devices tab contains the following elements:
- SNMP devices
- Specifies the SNMP devices that you want to search during
Network Discovery.The following options are available for managing
the SNMP Devices searched during a Network Discovery run:
- New icon: Opens the New SNMP Device
dialog box to add an SNMP device to the discovery polling list.
Note You can use either an IP address or a device name to designate the specific device. However, if you use a device name, it must resolve to a valid IP address.
- Delete icon: Removes the selected SNMP device
from the discovery polling list.
- IP address: Specifies the IP address
of an SNMP device on the network.
- Name: Specifies the name of the SNMP
device, if the SNMP device has a name.
- New icon: Opens the New SNMP Device dialog box to add an SNMP device to the discovery polling list.