Use the Event Generation tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 deployment name properties dialog box to specify whether to disable Microsoft Operations Manager alerts during software update installation and whether Operations Manager alerts are created when software update installations fail.
The Event Generation tab contains the following elements:
- Disable Operations Manager alerts while software updates run
- Specifies that Operation Manager alerts are disabled during the software update installation. This is useful when deploying software updates that will impact an application that is being monitored by Operations Manager. Disabling alerts while the update is being installed will prevent alerts from triggering, such as a service that is stopped, as a result of the update installation. By default, this setting is not enabled.
- Generate Operation Manager alert when a software update installation fails
- Specifies that an Operation Manager alert is created for each software update installation failure. By default, this setting is not enabled.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.