Use the General tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 Desired Configuration Management Client Agent Properties dialog box to enable the desired configuration management client agent and to configure the default schedule for compliance evaluation.
|The Configuration tab on Configuration Manager 2007 client computers is not visible unless the desired configuration management client agent is enabled.|
This tab contains the following elements:
- Enable desired configuration management on computers
- Specifies that clients will evaluate their compliance with any configuration baselines that are assigned to them. When enabled, Configuration Manager 2007 client computers will display the Configurations tab in Systems Management Properties. The default value is enabled.
- Simple schedule
- Specifies the default value for client computers to evaluate assigned configuration baselines on a simple schedule, when the configuration baseline does not have its own schedule. An example of a simple schedule is every 7 days (the default).
- Run every
- When the Simple schedule is specified, specifies the setting of the simple schedule.
- Custom schedule
- Specifies the default value for clients to evaluate assigned configuration baselines on a custom schedule when the configuration baseline does not have its own schedule. An example of a custom schedule includes the start date and time and the recurrence, such as every 12 hours. Use the Customize button to define the custom schedule.
- Opens the Custom Schedule dialog box to specify the default custom schedule for assigned configuration baselines.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.