Use the Password Policy for Pocket PC 2003 Properties: Administrator Mode tab of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 configuration item properties dialog box to specify the properties of the administrator mode password policy to distribute to mobile devices. The administrator mode password allows the user to unlock the password retry count in the event they have locked themselves out of the device. The administrator mode password will not bypass the existing password on the device and does not allow access to the device. This configuration item can only be advertised to mobile devices running Windows Mobile Pocket PC 2003.
Specify the name and description of the configuration item to be distributed to mobile devices.
- Enable administrator mode if user password type is
- Specifies the type of password to enable administrator mode.
- None specified - Password type is not
- PIN only - A minimum of four digits.
- PIN or strong - A minimum of four digits or a
minimum of seven characters with at least one number, one uppercase
character, and one lowercase character (for example, 12345aA).
- None specified - Password type is not enforced.
- Number of failed attempts to activate administrator mode
- Specifies the number of failed password attempts before locking the device and instructing the user to get the administrator password from their Configuration Manager 2007 administrator.
- Administrator password
- Specifies the administrator password.
- Confirm password
- Confirms the administrator password.
- Message displayed to user in administrator mode
- Specifies the message displayed to the user of the mobile device when prompting for the administrator password. This is intended to be a contact number where the user can obtain the administrator mode password and unlock the password retry count.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.