Use the MOM tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 Software Distribution <Program Name> Properties dialog box to specify the settings for Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) when the program runs. By default, no items on this tab are selected.
The MOM tab contains the following elements:
- Disable MOM alerts while this program runs
- Specifies whether the computer running the program will be placed in maintenance mode for the duration of the program. When in maintenance mode, MOM alerts are disabled while the program runs. The duration for which MOM does not generate alerts is specified by the Maximum allowed run time value on the Requirements page. If this value is greater than 12 hours or specified as Unknown, MOM does not generate alerts for 15 minutes.
- Generate MOM alert if this program fails
- Specifies whether MOM generates an application event log entry if the specified program fails. If generated, the log entry contains the package name, program name, advertisement ID, advertisement comment, and failure code or Management Information Format (MIF) failure description.
- Saves any changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves any changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.