Click any link in the following section for technical references for desired configuration management with Configuration Manager 2007.
In This Section
- Comparison of SMS 2003 Desired Configuration Monitoring and Configuration Manager 2007 Desired Configuration Management
- Compares the differences between Desired Configuration Monitoring in SMS 2003 and Configuration Manager 2007 Desired Configuration Management.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Authoring Configuration Items in Desired Configuration Management
- Step-by-step guide to authoring the three different types of configuration items in desired configuration management by using the Configuration Manager console.
- Example Compliance Evaluation for a Desired Configuration Management Application Item
- A walkthrough of an example application configuration item to evaluate compliance results with different computers when using different configuration baseline rules.
- Example Scenarios for Implementing Desired Configuration Management
- Example scenarios of how desired configuration management can be implemented to address various business requirements.
- Step-by-Step Sample Configuration Items for Desired Configuration Management
- Collection of sample configuration items to help you create simple but useful configuration items for everyday maintenance tasks.