Use the Password Policy for Pocket PC 2003 Properties: Password Policy tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 configuration item properties dialog box to specify the properties of the password policy to distribute to mobile devices. This configuration item can only be advertised to mobile devices running Windows Mobile Pocket PC 2003.
Specify the name and description of the configuration item to be distributed to mobile devices.
- Enable password policy on device
- Specifies that the password policy settings on the mobile device be enforced.
- Enforce user password type
- Specifies the type of password enforced, as follows:
- None specified - Password type is not
- PIN only - A minimum of four digits.
- PIN or strong - A minimum of four digits or a
minimum of seven characters with at least one number, one uppercase
character, and one lowercase character (for example, 12345aA).
- None specified - Password type is not enforced.
- Enforce password timeout
- Specifies that the password times out after a certain number of minutes or hours.
- Password timeout
- Specifies the number of minutes or hours for the password timeout.
- Enable password history
- Specifies that the password be unique within the maximum number of passwords remembered.
- Maximum passwords remembered
- Specifies how many old passwords are remembered to test against the password history.
- Message displayed to user
- Specifies the message displayed to the user of the mobile device when prompting for a password.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.