You can write task sequences and their related files and dependencies to a DVD or CD set or a USB drive. Using media will allow you to run the operating system deployment task sequence steps on computers that do not have a network connection or have a low bandwidth connection to your Configuration Manager 2007 site. You must specify a boot image that should be associated with the media you create, or the task sequence will fail.
If the media you create is going to be used in a different site than the Configuration Manager 2007 site it was created in, you must create a custom task sequence and add the Run Command Line task sequence step. You can add a command line to the Run command line task sequence step that will assign the new Configuration Manager 2007 client to the desired site.
|Boot media that is created in a parent site can only be used in child sites with no protected distribution points configured.|
For more information about creating a custom task sequence, see How to Create a Custom Task Sequence
Use the following tasks to help you manage Configuration Manager 2007 task sequence operating system deployment media:
In This Section
- How to Create Task Sequence Bootable Media
- Contains the steps necessary to create bootable media that can be used to run a task sequence on a new computer.
- How to Create Stand-alone Media
- Contains the steps necessary to create stand-alone media from which to run your operating system image deployment. The stand-alone media will contain all necessary data to run the specified operating system deployment task sequences without requiring a connection to a Configuration Manager 2007 site.
- How to Capture an Image from a Reference Computer by Using Capture Media
- Contains the steps necessary to capture an operating system image from a reference computer using capture media.
- How to Deploy an Operating System Image to a New Computer Using Boot Media
- Contains the steps necessary to deploy an operating system image to a new bare metal computer or a computer that is new to your Configuration Manager 2007 site.
- How to Deploy an Operating System Image to an Offline Computer
- Contains the steps necessary to deploy an operating system image to a computer that is not connected to the network or to a computer that is connected by a low bandwidth connection.