Use the Classifications tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 Software Update Point Properties dialog box to specify the classifications for which the software updates are synchronized. The software updates classifications are as follows:
- Critical Updates
- Definition Updates
- Feature Packs
- Security Updates
- Service Packs
- Update Rollups
The classifications can be configured only on the software update point that is highest in the hierarchy, which is configured to synchronize with Microsoft Updates. If this software update point is configured to synchronize with an upstream server, this page is hidden and the update classifications are based on the classifications configured at the software update point highest in the hierarchy, most often the central site.
The Classifications tab contains the following elements:
- All Classifications
- Specifies that software updates in all classifications are synchronized. Each classification is selected automatically when selecting the All Classifications option.
- Classification name
- Specifies that software updates in the selected classification are synchronized. One or more classifications can be selected.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.
TasksHow to Create and Configure an Active Software Update Point
How to Configure Software Updates Synchronization
How to Add the Software Update Point Site Role to a Site System
ConceptsAbout the Software Update Point
Determine the Software Update Point Infrastructure
Planning for the Software Update Point Installation
Planning for the Software Update Point Settings