Use the New Package Wizard in Configuration Manager 2007 to create a package manually in its entirety.
You can also create a package using a package definition file as a template. For information about how to do this, see How to Create a Package from a Package Definition File. To find out more about package definition files, see About Package Definition Files.
Click the related link below for detailed information about each wizard page in the New Package Wizard.
In This Section
- General Page
- Specifies general information, including name, version, and any comments about the specific package selected.
- Data Source Page
- Specifies data source information, including whether the package contains source files, where those files are located, and whether associated distribution points are updated on a schedule.
- Data Access Page
- Specifies where Configuration Manager 2007 stores this package on distribution points and how it will be accessed.
- Distribution Settings Page
- Specifies branch distribution point content settings, as well as the sender and priority to use when sending this package to child sites.
- Reporting Page
- Specifies how Management Information Format (MIF) files generated by clients apply to this package.
- Security Page
- Specifies the security rights that individual users have on both this class and the specific package.
- Wizard - Summary Page
- Provides a summary of the new package properties.
- Wizard - Progress Page
- Provides the progress for new package creation.
- Wizard - Completing the Wizard Page
- Provides a summary of the created package properties or a list of issues that occurred during the package creation.
TasksHow to Create a Package
How to Create a Package from a Package Definition File