After a Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 site system has been installed and configured, you can begin adding resources and clients to the site. This is done using discovery, the term used for a variety of methods that search for resources across your network.
The following configurable discovery methods are available for locating resources in Configuration Manager 2007:
- Active Directory System Group Discovery
- Active Directory Security Group Discovery
- Active Directory System Discovery
- Active Directory User Discovery
- Network Discovery
- Heartbeat Discovery
The topics in this section provide detailed information about configuring and using the various discovery methods for finding resources in Configuration Manager 2007.
In This Section
- Discovery Overview
- Provides an overview of discovery methods.
- Configuring Discovery in Configuration Manager
- Provides procedures for running Configuration Manager 2007 discovery.
- Discovery Privacy Information
- Discusses privacy considerations when running discovery.
- Troubleshooting Discovery
- Notes common issues and solutions for discovery.
- Technical Reference for Discovery
- Includes additional reference material about discovery.