The Reporting tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 Software Distribution <Package Name> Properties dialog box specifies how Management Information Format (MIF) files generated by clients apply to this package.
The Reporting tab contains the following elements:
- Use package properties for status MIF matching
- Configuration Manager 2007 will use the properties on the General tab for status MIF file matching. This option is selected by default.
- Use these fields for status MIF matching
- Configuration Manager 2007 will use the values specified on
this page for status MIF file matching.If this option is selected,
the following fields are available:
- MIF file name: The name of the MIF
file that contains the package status, up to 50
- Name: The name of the package, up
to 50 characters.
- Version: The version number of the
package, up to 32 characters.
- Publisher: The software publisher of
the package, up to 32 characters.
Note Without these fields, Configuration Manager 2007 may pick up the wrong MIF file, which will then incorrectly report status back to the site.
- MIF file name: The name of the MIF file that contains the package status, up to 50 characters.
- Saves any changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves any changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.