Use the AMT Settings tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 and later Out of Band Management Properties dialog box to specify configuration options related to AMT management.
|The information in this topic applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 and later.|
The AMT Settings tab contains the following elements.
- AMT User Accounts
- Specifies the administrative accounts that can manage AMT-based
computers by using the out of band management console and specifies
the administrative rights that each account has. For more
information, see About the AMT User
Important Specify at least one AMT User Account if you will use the out of band management console.
- Default IDE-redirect image
- Specifies the default value for the image file (with an .iso or .img file name extension) to be used when an AMT-based computer is configured to restart using a boot image file located on the network or a device locally connected to the computer running the out of band management console. An alternative path and name can be supplied by the AMT user running the out of band management console.AMT users who restart an AMT-based computer by using an image require the following security permissions to the IDE redirection path: Read, Read & Execute, Write, List Folder Contents.Click Browse to specify a file on the network, or type it in using a UNC path and file name for a network location, or specify a local drive letter for a storage device that is attached to the computer running the out of band management console. If you select a local drive letter, the AMT user running the out of band management console must select the local file name before restarting a computer and using the IDE redirection option.There is no default for this setting.
- Manageability is on in the following power state
- Applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 SP2. Select the computer power states that define when you want to manage the AMT-based computer out of band. Selecting a power state other than Always on can help to save power consumption for when the AMT-based computer is in standby or the operating system is shut down. It might also be required by your company policy. However, if a setting other than Always on is selected and the AMT-based computer is in a power state that does not allow out of band communication, the AMT-based computer will not respond to out of band communication. In this scenario, there is no indication that you cannot connect to the AMT-based computer because it is configured for a power state that does not support manageability.The default setting is Always on (S0-S5). Options include Host is on (S0), Host is on (S0) or in standby (S3), Always on (S0-S5).
- Enable Web interface
- Enables or disables the ability for the AMT-based computer to display firmware information in the AMT Web browser. For more information, see How to Manage Computers Using the AMT Web Console.This setting is not enabled by default.
- Enable serial over LAN and IDE redirection
- Enables or disables the options for serial over LAN and IDE redirection on the AMT-based computer.This setting is not enabled by default.
- Allow ping responses
- Enables or disables the AMT management controller to respond to network ping requests when it is sent ICMP datagrams.This setting is not enabled by default.
- Enable BIOS password bypass for power on and restart commands
- Enables or disables the ability to bypass a BIOS prompt for a configured password when powering on an AMT-based computer or restarting it.This setting is enabled by default.
- Enable support for Intel WS-MAN translator
- Specifies that the Intel WS-MAN translator is installed on the out of band service point site system server and configured with default settings.This setting is not enabled by default.
- Kerberos clock tolerance (minutes)
- Specifies the allowed clock tolerance between the management controller and the timestamp in received messages. Having a shorter value helps to eliminate replay attacks, but too short a value might result in valid connections being rejected.The default setting is 5 minutes.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.