Use the Software Inventory tab of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Mobile Device Client Agent properties dialog box to enable and configure software inventory on device clients.
This tab contains the following elements:
- Enable software collection on Device Clients
- Enables software inventory for all device clients belonging to the site. When you select this check box, software inventory is enabled on the device clients and runs according to the schedule specified.
- Software inventory schedule
- Runs software inventory at a single, specific interval.
- Run every
- Specifies the number and type of time units (minutes, hours, days, weeks, months) in the schedule. You can specify 1 to 59 minutes, 1 to 23 hours, one to 30 days, 1 to 4 weeks or 1 to 12 months. By default, this interval is set to 1 week. By periodically reporting inventory the administrator can monitor software installed on the mobile device.
- New button
- Click to open the Inventoried File Properties dialog box
so that you can add a new entry to the files to be inventoried
Note User wild card characters to specify file names to be inventoried.
- Properties button
- Click to open the Inventoried File Properties dialog box, so that you can edit an entry in the files to be inventoried list.
- Delete button
- Click to delete the selected file name.
- Inventoried files
- Specifies the properties of the inventoried file.
- Name: The files or file types that are
inventoried on clients. By default, no files or file types are
Note To collect groups of files, use a wild card character. For example, a*.exe will collect all executable files starting with the letter a.
- Path: The full file path or system
environment variable is searched.
- Subdirectories: Indicates whether Path
subdirectories are searched.
- Exclude: Indicates whether encrypted and
compressed files are excluded from collection. You can change this
value in the Inventoried File Properties dialog box.
- Name: The files or file types that are inventoried on clients. By default, no files or file types are listed.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
|Inventorying a large numbers of files, for example using *.* from the root folder, may impact the performance of the mobile device during file collection as the software inventory operation consumes resources on the mobile device.|
|Setting Run every to frequently report inventory may detrimentally effect mobile device performance.|