Use the Schedule tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 Software Distribution <Advertisement Name> Properties dialog box to specify when and how a program is made available to client computers.
The Schedule tab contains the following elements:
- Advertisement start time
- Specifies the date and time when the program is advertised and
available to run on clients in their respective time zones. By
default, the current date and time is specified. To select another
date and time, click the adjacent arrows. To specify that the
advertisement start date and time are based on UTC rather than
local time, select the UTC check box.
Note If you select the UTC option, the program will be available on all clients simultaneously.
- Advertisement will expire
- Specifies whether the advertisement has a date and time after
which the program advertisement is no longer available to run on
clients in their respective time zones. By default, this check box
is cleared and the advertisement will never expire. If selected,
the cutoff date and time is set by default at 6 months from the
date and time that the advertisement was created. To specify
another date and time, click the adjacent arrows.To specify that
the advertisement start date and time are based on UTC rather than
local time, select the UTC check box.
Note If you select the UTC option, the advertisement will expire on all clients simultaneously.
- Mandatory assignments
- Specifies any mandatory assignment schedules, which indicate
that Configuration Manager will automatically run the program at a
specific time or according to a specific event (such as
Logon/Logoff).The following options are available for managing
advertisement class security rights:
- New icon: Click to open the
Assignment Schedule dialog box and create a new assignment
- Properties icon: Click to open the
Assignment Schedule dialog box to view or modify the current
- Delete icon: Click to delete the
- New icon: Click to open the Assignment Schedule dialog box and create a new assignment schedule.
- Enable Wake On LAN
- Specifies whether the site server will send a Wake On LAN transmission to wake up the client computer prior to the advertised program.
- Ignore maintenance windows when running program
- Specifies whether to have the advertised program ignore maintenance windows while the program is running.
- Allow system restart outside maintenance windows
- Specifies whether to allow the advertised program to restart
the client even if the restart would occur outside a maintenance
Note This setting only applies if the program has the ConfigMgr restarts computer option set as an after-running action.
- Specifies the advertisement's sending priority when replicated to child sites. Available options are Low, Medium (default), and High priorities.
- Program rerun behavior
- Specifies whether the advertised program will be rerun on the
client computer if it has previously been run before the scheduled
Note These rerun settings will apply to the program even if it was previously run by a different advertisement.
- Never rerun advertised program: The
program will not be rerun on the client if the program has
previously been run on the client, even if the program originally
failed or the program files have been changed.
- Always rerun program: The program will
always be rerun on the client when the advertisement is scheduled,
even if the program has already been successfully run. This is
particularly useful when using recurring advertisements in which
the program is routinely updated, as with some virus detection
Note Although this option is set by default if the advertisement is not assigned, this setting only has an impact if the advertisement is assigned. This is because users can run an optional program at any time and Configuration Manager will always allow the program to rerun.
- Rerun if failed previous attempt: The
program will be rerun when the advertisement is scheduled only if
it failed on the previous run attempt. This is particularly useful
when assigning a mandatory advertisement, so that it will rerun
according to the assignment schedule if it has not successfully
done so. This option is set by default if the advertisement is
- Rerun if succeeded on previous
attempt: The program will be rerun only if it has previously
run successfully on the client. This is useful when using recurring
advertisements in which the program is routinely updated, and in
which each update requires the previous update to have been
Note When an advertised program is launched from the Run Advertised Program dialog box on a client, the program rerun property is not evaluated before running the program. This means a mandatory program with "Never rerun advertised program" program rerun property can still be rerun as many times as the end user wants to from that dialog box. It's therefore highly recommended that prior to sending out a program, administrators carefully evaluate and test the advertised program rerun behavior and understand the impact if the end user chooses to rerun the program multiple times.
- Never rerun advertised program: The program will not be rerun on the client if the program has previously been run on the client, even if the program originally failed or the program files have been changed.
- Saves any changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves any changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.