Use this tab to enable or disable software inventory for the site. If software inventory is enabled, you can schedule when software inventory is to be collected from clients.
- Enable software inventory on clients
- Enables software inventory for the site. When this check box is selected, software inventory is running, or will run, according to the schedule specified below. By default, this check box is cleared.
- Inventory and file collection schedule
- Specifies when software inventory runs on clients in the site.
- Simple schedule
- Determines software inventory and file collection schedule frequency. By default, this option is selected. Although the simple schedule allows less flexibility in scheduling inventory, this method usually causes less network traffic than the Custom Schedule option because the time interval between each client's inventory report is based on the time the Configuration Manager 2007 client was installed, and first policies retrieved, for each client. When Custom Schedule is selected, all clients will run software inventory at exactly the same time.
- Run every
- The number and type of time units (hours, days, or weeks) in the simple schedule. You can specify one through 23 hours, one through 31 days, or one through 4 weeks. By default, this interval is set to one week.
- Custom schedule
- Software inventory and file collection schedule specified by days and time (for example, every Monday at 4:00 A.M. or every Thursday at 7:30 P.M.).
- Click to open the custom schedule dialog box and set the
software inventory and file collection schedule. You can specify a
start date and time, and a recurrence of one through 59 minutes,
one through 23 hours, or one through 31 days.
Note If today is Wednesday and you set the inventory schedule to run every two weeks on Mondays, the next inventory collection will occur on the next Monday and alternate Mondays after that. The start date must match the day selected.